Saturday 3 March 2012

Breakfast Time!

When that tummy starts grumbling on a Saturday morning...and your body is craving a certain something...there's only one thing to do!!  Follow your instinct and eat what your body wants you to eat....today....it was OATS !!!!

Hot, Hearty and Nourising.  Porridge Oats...drizzled with honey...perfect!!



As a child, my mother regularly made us porridge for breakfast...and at times I would get annoyed or bored...longing for something like eggs on toast...or bacon...or some other fancy.   Now, as an adult and a mother myself, I keep my kitchen well stocked with oats which I use in biscuits, crumbles...etc - and wow, my three sons love it too!!!  Healthy and nourishing, there is just something 'so' comforting in a bowl of hot oats....and now I am totally satisfied...feel very virtuous...and ready to think about more wicked delights to enjoy.....

What's your favourite porridge? xxx

1 comment:

  1. haha, I remember how my mom would always cook eggs morning, lunch, and diner and I was tired and bored of eating that. Now I miss it...
    When she knows we love something she'll continue to do it but, she wouldn't know when to stop. The love of a mother :)

    ReplyDelete